Monday, September 13, 2010

Days 35 - 38, Seeing the Sights in Budapest

Budapest is definitely one of my favorite places in Europe.  I haven't had much of a chance to post anything recently because I have been kept busy trying to see everything the city has to offer in only 5 days.  I don't have the time to describe all that I've accomplished but some highlights are below.

Once again I'm rich

The Michael Jackson memorial


Above is the National Museum, which is literally right across the street from my hostel.  It houses a permanent exhibit on Hungarian history.



The tank in the picture sits inside the Terror House, one of the most chilling museums I have ever visited.  Behind the tank you can see the etched faces of the people who lost their lives inside the building.  The building has been home to some of the worst political parties Hungary has seen.  The former headquarters of the Hungarian Nazi party is complete with a dungeon in the basement and a list of people who were murdered inside.



On a much lighter note the wine festival in Budapest was a great time.  Above is one of the stages where traditional dancing and classical music were performed all day.

The castle where the festival was held
Heroes Square, on another rainy day in Europe
Anyway there is so much more I'd like to post but I'm short on time.  I have to go in about ten minutes because the spelunking expedition leaves soon.  Yes, I'm about to go spelunking. 

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment